Converge Cornerstone Church Planting Grant
One of our goals as a ministry partner of Converge, over the next 10 years, is to see the number of churches that serve cultural or multi-cultural congregations grow from 23 percent to 30 percent. Church planting is a very challenging endeavor. Our experience has taught us that it is even more challenging for ethnic and cultural leaders to raise the funds necessary to begin. With this initiative, our goal is to give a $12,500 grant to each of our assessed and approved cultural/ethnic planters who start a church in 2018. District offices will approve the grant distribution.
Grants become available at the start of the 2018-2019 fiscal year. It is the desire of the Cornerstone Fund to see the financial resources go directly to the church plant on or closely following the Grand Opening of the new church.
Making a grant request:
- Requests must be made in writing by a Converge Executive Minister
- Requests must contain:
- Name of the church planter
- Name of the church plant
- Location of the church plant (mailing address)
- Approval of planter by an approved Church Planters Assessment Center
- Official date of grand opening
- The grants available are as follows:
- Ethnic church plants: $12,500
- All other church plants: $5,000
- An “Ethnic Church Plant” will be determined as a church plant targeted to or among any people of color.